Equal Employment Opportunity Division
About The Division
The Equal Employment Opportunity Division receives reports of employee misconduct under the university’s Nondiscrimination Policy and Sexual Misconduct Policy and investigates complaints in a thorough, fair, and equitable manner.
The division’s investigative functions further the university’s compliance obligations under Title VI and VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972, the Americans with Disabilities Act, the Illinois Human Rights Act, and related federal and state anti-discrimination laws.
The division also responds to complaints filed with external state and federal agencies such as the U.S. Department of Education Office for Civil Rights (OCR), the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC), and the Illinois Department of Human Rights (IDHR).
- Reporting of discrimination, harassment, sexual misconduct, and retaliation.
- Implementation of the University’s Nondiscrimination and Sexual Misconduct policies and procedures.
- Supportive measures to maintain equitable access to educational and employment opportunities.
- Complaint investigations including formal and informal resolution options.
- Hearings for Title IX Sexual Harassment in compliance with applicable regulations.
- Due process for those who are accused of violating the university’s policies.
- Trainings on maintaining an inclusive environment free from discrimination, harassment, and sexual misconduct.
- For more information, please see the Discrimination and Harassment page.