Hiring Process Training and Workshops
The Affirmative Action Analytics and Planning Division offers many different training and workshop opportunities for our campus partners. We have online versions of some of our most requested workshops. In-person trainings and workshops can be scheduled by request.
Spring 2023 Trainings
Inclusive Job Descriptions
- Tuesday, March 21, 11 a.m. to 11:30 a.m.
- Register for the Inclusive Job Descriptions Training
Having an inclusive workforce starts with having inclusive job descriptions. Join us to learn tips and tricks to help you in writing an inclusive job description and position announcement. This event is offered virtually.
Recruiting for Diversity
- Tuesday, March 28, 2 p.m. to 3 p.m.
- Register for the Recruiting for Diversity Training
This training will provide best practices around increasing the diversity of your applicant pool, how to use applicant source codes to track where applicants found your position, as well as how to run and use the diversity of the pool report. This event is offered virtually.
Hiring for Diversity
- Thursday, April 6, 11 a.m. to 12 p.m.
- Register for the Hiring for Diversity Training
This training will cover fair and inclusive review/selection topics which include application review, inclusive interviews, and evaluating finalists. This event is offered virtually.
Understanding Affirmative Action
- Tuesday, April 11, 2 p.m. to 3 p.m.
- Register for the Understanding Affirmative Action Training
This training will cover an overview of the affirmative action plan and how hiring managers and search committee chairs can use it when hiring. This event is offered virtually.
Drop In Q&A
- Tuesday, April 18, 2 p.m. to 3 p.m.
- Zoom Link for February 16 Drop In Q&A
- No Registration Required
Join Heidi Johnson and Kristen Frank from the Affirmative Action Analytics and Planning Division to ask any questions you may have related to the affirmative action plan, placement goals, good faith efforts, diversity of the pool, or any other topics related to ensuring fair and inclusive searches. Log in anytime between 2:00 p.m. and 3:00 p.m. For anyone who wishes to ask a question confidentially, either a breakout room can be used, or we can set up a time to talk outside of the meeting. This event is offered virtually.
Search Process Toolkit Overview
- Tuesday, April 25, 10 a.m. to 10:30 a.m.
- Register for the Search Process Toolkit Overview
This training will provide an overview of the OAE website and how it can be used to assist you in the search process. This event is offered virtually.